Wednesday 4 April 2012

Dixie & Dino : My 2 Reasons to Fight Dog Abuse

Why I Picked Stray / Abused Dogs To Make a Social Change? 
How Dixie Lola & Dino Zestor Made Me Realise !


Dixie Lola
  To tell everyone the truth, I never really loved, cared or admired animals. I was also oblivious to the fact of stray or abused dogs. My first dog, Dixie was left in a pet shop by her owner because the owner moved into an apartment that prohibited dogs. Dixie was depressed, in a cage until we brought her home. Then her personality changed from a isolated dog to the most loving dog we could ask for. Let me just say that, when I shed tears, Dixie will be the first one to notice and comfort me by placing her head on my lap. Then came Dino, a dog filled with the joy of life. Sadly before Dino was ours, he was sold to the same pet shop by his owners who abused him. From the bottom of my heart, I despise these people who committed this crime. Even before a visit to the vet, we could clearly see that Dino was abused because of his behaviour and gestures. He gets frightened easily and becomes violent without being provoked. My family vet was amazed and she confirmed that Dino had been verbally and physically abused. Hence, he suffers from stress and anxiety. Dino even attempted to bite me because he was experiencing the painful effects of abuse. 

 Both my dogs have managed to make an impact on me to a critical point where I want to make a stand against animal abuse. In this case, stray dogs are abused without any reasons. I want people to be aware of this issue through my blog and I highly encourage them to participate in signings of petitions to stop abuse of stray dogs. I want to focus on the functions of the Dog Unit in the Penang State Abattoir. I am not stating that stray dogs should not be put down but they should have 'last rites' such as being kept for 24 hours before execution and humane methods of euthanizing them. I strongly oppose shootings to put down dogs because it sends out a disturbing message. 

Dino Zestor
 I hope that my blog can appeal to people from all walks of life regardless whether  they own a pet. Dogs should never be abused especially stray dogs. We should remember that they still are man's best friend, in my case a girl's best friend too.  






7 comments:

  1. Although i do not have the privilege to have a dog to care for, it does not stop me from sharing and spreading love towards dogs. It is just sad to see dogs tortured for they just want to be loved and cared for. We are the smarter species of living creatures, so lets not misuse it towards animals for they are living creatures too. Lets start taking action and standing up for dogs!. they deserve our love and protection not wrongdoings of torturing. I just cant stand aside & watch animals being put down or tortured. Whoever that tortures dogs, Shame on you! you sad life of a human being.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Xanyxand,

      You are a great person. Yes, people tend to think of themselves as being smarter than animals. Never understood why people say 'Behave like an animal!'They're simply implying that animals are more violent creatures than humans. Dino is violent at times but I tend to be more sensitive towards him. He is violent because he was treated that way by these humans. But he's a bit better now, but still he's a nervous dog. Cant simply make sudden movement, it scares him to death. I just hope he can fully recover. However, that hasnt stopped him from damaging my bedroom slippers and my guitar case!!! And believe me, he loves to nibble on everything!

      Delete
  2. I could not agree more. I do not understand how animals can be abused, just because they do not speak our language, and perhaps by those who are too cowardly to stand up for themselves, thinking that they are more powerful by abusing other beings. I am grateful that there are pet lovers like us to care for these animals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shalyn,

      Thanks for your comment. Yes your right. People who abuse animals or who like to shoot stray dogs are misusing their authoritative power as a human being. I know many people complain that stray dogs are pests but still a proper method of killing them should be practiced, and if possible the less painful method.

      Delete
  3. Whoa... Dixie Lola n Dixie ZestOr... ^_^ hahaha.... yes, they have their own rights too to be protected.. I'm signing for such petitions through Care2Causes... hahaha... :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Vera,

    Thanks for your comment. Later on, I will be posting a petition as well to promote the awareness. Hope you can be a part of it too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. why stray dogs are the target? what about stray cats?

    ReplyDelete

All comments are appreciated very much! Thank you.